What Does Hyperactivity ADHD Mean?
Hyperactivity is a state of being overly active at an unusual rate or abnormal level. Hyperactivity for a long time can be a sign of hyperactivity disorder. This condition can be caused due to several underlying medical conditions like Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), disorders related to the nervous system and brain, mental illnesses, hyperthyroidism (hyperactivity thyroid), or side effects of drug consumption like stimulants or sedatives.
The hyperactivity behavior of an individual mainly happens because of hyperactivity attention deficit disorder. Patients with Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) mainly exhibit characteristics of hyperactivity, impulsiveness, and inattentiveness. This condition comes under the category of neurodevelopmental disorder. ADHD can affect all age groups including both adults and children irrespective of height, weight, or sex.
Usually, this condition can be found out early during childhood phases but in some cases, the diagnosis of this condition is found during adulthood as well. This condition affects the patient’s day-to-day life in their personal and professional life. ADHD condition can lead to health hazards like being prone to accidents and falling into reckless behavior out of impulsivity at severe levels.
How Common is ADHD?
Hyperactivity of brain is very common but having hyperactive brain functioning that is related to issues with attention is ADHD. According to studies and experts, around 6.1 million people go through conditions of ADHD, and the number is expected to rise in the future. Additionally, 4 to 5% of the American population suffer from Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) at large.
What Are The Types of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)?
Classification of Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can be broadly split into three types:
- Combined type- Combination of all characteristics of impulsivity, hyperactivity, distractibility, and inattention. It is a common type of ADHD that affects many patients with ADHD
- Hyperactive/impulsive type- This type includes characteristics of impulsivity and hyperactivity only and does not include distractibility and inattention. It is the least common type of ADHD that prevails among ADHD patients
- Inattentive and distractible type- It shows characteristics of distractibility and inattention only rather than impulsivity and hyperactivity.
If we narrow the types of ADHD then their specific types include:
- Classic ADHD- Also known as Attention deficit disorder (ADD). Patients with this ADHD type do not feel impulsiveness or hyperactivity and only go through problems with attention
- Temporal lobe- Patients with this form of ADHD suffer from processing audio and recollecting some things. They may also face irritability and extreme responses and reactions
- Over-focused- The brain becomes inflexible and rigid when it comes to processing fast brainwaves from overstimulation in some people, Therefore patients with an over-focused type of ADHD face trouble multitasking
- Limbic ADHD- This type of ADHD may feel a strong sense of guilt, exhibit extreme mood swings, and have low levels of self-esteem
- Anxious ADHD type- People with the anxious type of ADHD have stress-related symptoms and face problems like headaches, low self-esteem, sleep problems, and digestion. There is a disruption in network areas of the brain
- Ring of fire- The brain gets overstimulated and overactive in various regions. Patients suffering from this type experience anxiety, overthinking, restlessness during sleep, and overwhelming emotional responses.
What Are The Signs of ADHD?
ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) sufferers exhibit the following symptoms as follows:
- Poor decisions
- Faces relationship issues and pays insufficient attention to details
- Losing concentration
- Inability to adequately follow directions Poor listening
- Struggle with organizing
- Occasionally misplacing items
- Prone to distraction
- Frequently squirming or fidgeting
- Unable to stay seated
- Extremely chatty
- Breaks in during the chat
What Are The Causes Of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)?
The proper cause which can define the reason why Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) occurs among people is still yet to known. Although, experts believe and found certain conditions that are related to ADHD and may be a cause of ADHD as follows:
- A person having a family history of ADHD or has a relative facing ADHD or similar issues
- Neurological dysfunctions during the process of dopamine and norepinephrine production in different brain structures
- Low dopamine levels
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
- Children exposed to toxic chemical substances like lead, insecticides
- Exposure to tobacco smoke and nicotine during pregnancy
- Premature birth
- Low weight during birth
- Emotional neglect in family
- Abuse at emotional, psychological, and physical levels
- Social deprivation
- Infection during pregnancy
- Over-exposure to food preservatives and food dyes
- Improper intake of food during childhood
- Being the youngest among friends and family
- Dysfunctional family
- Poor exposure to the education system
What Are The Treatment Methods for ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) causes and its cure is still yet to be known. Also, ADHD stays for a long time and medical treatments help to control issues with concertation and hyperactivity to some extent. Patients living with ADHD face many issues in their day-to-day life whether professional or personal life. Seeking medical help and getting a proper diagnosis of ADHD along with treatment helps to make such people’s life easier and bearable.
There isn’t a single treatment for this condition that works for everyone. As a result, the prescriptions and dosage plans are determined by the patient’s condition. Furthermore, the doctor may use a combination of medication, therapy, condition management skills training, and behavioral modification education to treat ADHD.
Following are some natural remedies for ADHD:
- Educational programs
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Building parenting skills
- Behavior therapy
- Social skill training
- Healthy and balanced diet
The following medications are used to treat Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD):
Patients with Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) mainly exhibit characteristics of hyperactivity, impulsiveness, and inattentiveness. Also, this condition comes under the category of neurodevelopmental disorder. ADHD can affect both adults and children. Additionally, ADHD condition can lead to health hazards like being prone to accidents and falling into reckless behavior out of impulsivity at severe levels.
Classification of Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can be broadly split into three types: Combined type, Hyperactive/impulsive type as well as, and Inattentive and distractible type. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) causes and cure is still yet to be known. Furthermore, experts believe and found certain conditions that are related to ADHD and may be a cause of ADHD which are related to genetics and environment mostly.
Also, seeking medical help and getting a proper diagnosis of ADHD along with treatment helps to make such people’s life easier and bearable. Moreover, the prescriptions and dosage plans are determined by the patient’s condition and may use a combination of treatment methods.