Provigil 200 mg is a medicine that functions as a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant. It is a drug you use to treat sleeping disorders such as narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea etc. The route of administration via which you take 200 mg of Provigil is oral through the mouth. Besides, Provigil 200mg is available in two types of dosage, which are 100 mg and 200 mg.
The exact manner in which the generic 200 mg Provigil works to increase the state of wakefulness and decrease sleepiness needs to be clarified. However, it does not seem to exert its effects by driving away sleep by stimulating an increase in dopamine (chemical messenger). Also, it affects the messenger glutamate within some regions of the brain.
In the 1970s, Lafon laboratories developed Provigil 200mg pill ‘Modafinil’ chief ingredient, led ably by French neuroscientist Michel Jouvet. The French officially began prescribing 200 mg of Provigil for narcolepsy in 1994.
How does Provigil 200mg Help in Treating ‘Wakefulness’?
When you take Provigil 200mg pill, it keeps you awake by modulating chemical messengers in the brain. Some of these include dopamine and glutamate. It does so by producing a ‘Stimulant’ effect to reduce sleepiness. Also, this drug works like a weak and selective ‘Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor’. It triggers a release from the tuberomammillary nucleus and lateral hypothalamus. Which comprises of ‘Orexin Neuropeptides’ and ‘Histamine’. Moreover, the exact mechanism of action of Provigil 200 mg is not yet known.
Medical Uses of Provigil 200mg:
In terms of the clinical usage of generic 200 mg Provigil, this drug you used mainly to promote wakefulness in individuals suffering from excessive sleepiness. Therefore, Provigil 200mg proves to be incredibly beneficial in treating sleeping disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea, excessive daytime sleepiness etc. Students, soldiers, and office workers often use 200 mg of Provigil non-medically as a ‘Smart Drug to increase focus and help avoid sleep.
Tips on How to Take Provigil 200mg From a ‘Pharmacist’ Point of View:
Before taking Provigil 200mg pill, you must know how it is precisely done to derive maximum benefits and minimum undesirable side effects. Here are a few tips about using generic 200 mg Provigil, usually given by a ‘Pharmacist’.
- You must take Provigil 200mg pill as prescribed by your doctor because using it can sometimes lead to its abuse.
- Taking Provigil 200 mg can lower the efficacy of hormonal birth control medicines such as patches, birth control pills, etc.
- Also, you need to understand that taking Provigil 200mg can reduce excessive sleepiness but cannot be a replacement for sleep itself.
- Although generic 200 mg Provigil does help in stimulating wakefulness, you need to keep in mind that it does not cure underlying issues of sleep disorder.
- To treat effectively obstructive sleep apnea, you need to take this medication orally with or without food as instructed by your doctor.
When Do You Take Provigil 200mg?
To take the Provigil 200 mg pill effectively, you need to know when is the right ‘Time’ to consume it.
- To treat daytime sleepiness due to narcolepsy or even sleep apnea, you must take 200 mg of Provigil in the morning.
- If you are suffering from shift work sleep disorder, then you need to take this medication one hour before the work shift.
- Since Provigil 200 mg can keep you awake for several hours, you shouldn’t take it just before bedtime.
Besides, you must also ensure that you inform your doctor if you are suffering from any of the medications given below so that he can help you be safe by providing you with the proper instructions for taking the Provigil 200 mg pill. They include:
- Cirrhosis or other liver issues
- Kidney or renal disease
- High blood pressure
- History of alcoholism and drug addiction
- History of mental illness
- Chest pain (Angina)
Also, after you inform your physician about any of the medications given below that you may have taken, you can take Provigil 200 mg. Doing so will ensure that your healthcare professional helps you avoid experiencing undesirable side effects that may prove fatal. The medication list is as follows:
Dosage Schedule of Provigil 200 mg:
The basic dosage schedule for taking generic 200 mg of Provigil will depend on the sleeping disorder. It is as follows:
Usual Adult Dosage for Obstructive Sleep Apnea:
Take 200 mg orally one time a day in the morning.
Usual Adult Dosage for Narcolepsy:
Typically, use 200 mg daily in the morning
Usual Adult Dosage for Shift Work Disorder:
Before starting the work shift, you must take 200 mg orally daily.
Paediatric Dosage for Attention Deficit Disorder:
Although not FDA-approved due to serious dermatological and psychiatric side effects. There is a dosage plan for children of this sleeping medicine. It is as follows:
Children less than 30 kg 200 to 340 mg once daily
Children with more than 30 kg 300 to 425 mg
Therefore, as per FDA, before giving a child with ADHD Provigil 200 mg, you must understand that the risk is far more than the benefits.
While following the dosage schedule of Provigil 200 mg, there is a possibility that you may either miss a dose or overdose on it. Therefore, in such situations, you need to take the following actions.
When you miss a dose of Provigil 200 mg, you must take it as soon as you remember. However, if the next dose is just around the corner, you must avoid the skipped dose. Never mix dosages.
If you overdose on Provigil 200 mg, you may observe undesirable side effects, some of which may be fatal if not treated. Hence, in this case, you need to call your doctor immediately to seek medical help.
What are the Side Effects and Adverse Effects of Taking Provigil 200 mg?
If the thought should I take 100 or 200 mg of Provigil for the first time to treat my narcolepsy problem keeps popping up? Then you must first understand the side-effects or serious side-effects that you may experience on taking this sleeping medicine to decide whether you want to take it.
- Back pain
- Nose congestion
- The feeling of anxiety and nervousness
- Lack of sleep or insomnia
- Dizziness or headache
- Nausea or diarrhoea
If you see the following adverse effects on taking generic 200 mg Provigil, you need to call your physician immediately to seek medical assistance.
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling in legs
- Problem in swallowing
- Swelling in face, eyes, lips, tongue etc
- Chest pain
- Skin rash
- Formation of mouth sores
- Skin rash or blister formation
Alternative Medicines That You Can Use in Place of Provigil 200mg:
You may not be able to take Provigil 200mg due to a medical reason, such as an allergy. To evade such a problem, you can use a couple of medicines given below containing ‘Modafinil’. They are:
If you are wondering aloud yourself whether should I take 100 or 200 mg of Provigil the first time, then the answer is ‘Yes’ provided you use the Provigil 200 mg buy online method by purchasing on our website buymodafinilus.com today. Visit our web portal now to get all Provigil 200 mg tablet information you need to know and also get the sleeping disorder medicine at an affordable cost with a street value of 200 mg Provigil.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I Drink Coffee Along with Provigil 200 mg?
Both generic 200 mg of Provigil and coffee can make you very restless. Hence, it would be best if you didn’t take both at the same time to avoid undesirable side effects from occurring.
Can You Use Provigil 200 mg to Treat Depression?
According to the FDA or Food and Drug Administration, 200 mg of Provigil is not approved for use to treat depression even though it affects some symptoms of this mental disorder. Therefore, you must not take it without consulting with your doctor.
What are The Precautions You Need to Take while Consuming Provigil 200mg?
Before taking Provigil 200mg pill, you must take the following safety measures to avoid experiencing unwanted side effects. They are as follows:
- Avoid using Provigil 200mg if you have skin allergies.
- Inform your doctor if you have had a history of angina chest pain or heart problem
- It would help if you kept in mind that sleeping medicines like 200 mg of Provigil can reduce your ability to react. Therefore, when taking this drug, you must ensure you do not indulge in activities such as driving.
How do You Store 200 mg of Provigil to Preserve its Efficacy?
To best use Provigil 200mg, you need to store it appropriately using the following guidelines.
- Please keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not discard 200 mg of Provigil by flushing it down the toilet drain. Always follow instructions to throw away drugs from a pharmacist or waste disposal company.
- Store it in an airtight container to keep it away from light and heat under room temperature
There are no reviews yet.